September 17, 2010

I’m feeling well and happy to have the treatments for the last cycle over. I started to swim again although I haven’t been as consistent as I would like. I went to the pool to swim a while ago and couldn’t complete 500 yards without stopping. I’m happy to say I am able to do that now. I will gradually add 100 yards every week until I get up to 1,800 to 2,000 yards. The swimming helps me feel better physically and mentally. I should have started doing this early in the chemo regimen.

I have a PET scan scheduled for early October but I won’t know the results since I have two forms of lymphoma. I will simply wait to see if it begins growing again and we all have better things to do than wait around for that. If it does, the aggressive Large B-cell is still there and we will pursue another form of treatment. If it doesn’t, then we are back in maintenance mode with the slow growing follicular lymphoma.

This blog was more about the process than the results so this will be last post. Feel free to email or call in January for an more conclusive update. Thanks for reading.

No comments: